I take my time working with teachers seriously because their time is valuable and their professional development should be relevant, personalized, and meaningful. Whether workshops are breakout, half-day, full-day, or multi-day sessions, I will work closely with you to ensure that the design meets all needs. My workshops are interactive, engaging, and productive–each attendee leaves with a vision of how to be the best version of themselves in the classroom. I believe that teachers should be honored, their experiences and realities should be respected, and the work they do alongside me should be empowering and celebratory.
Sample workshop topics:
- Authentic writing in the classroom
- Making research instruction manageable
- Literacy across the curriculum
- Implementing the Common Core in real ways
- Reading Workshop at the high school level
- Infusing voice in expository writing
- Building a schoolwide literacy culture
- Empowering students who live in poverty through literacy
- Using primary documents to drive inquiry and research
Want to plan some PD with me? Send your ideas here.