One of my favorite things to do is work alongside administrators and teachers while they re-design or develop new or existing programs. While keynoting and presenting require a lot of talking on my end, consulting requires a lot of listening and asking questions. The consulting process relies on advice, but that advice is only meaningful if it is grounded in full understanding of process, culture, goals, community, and research.
Sample consulting focuses:
- Implementing best literacy practices across the curriculum
- Redesigning a library program
- Adopting advisory programs in middle/high school
- Developing research continuums
- Designing rubrics that provide accurate data
- Writing curriculum for competency-based classrooms
- Shifting from “canned” literacy programs to authentic learning opportunities
Want to know about working with me? Reach out here.